A few things that stand out in the 2011-2012 School Year....
1st day of school for Reese; that was a hard one. Eric sent me on a scavenger hunt for my birthday ending with our 2nd annual Halloween excursion. This year we went to a haunted corn maze and yes my Dad came along and we may have lost our niece briefly. Halloween of course one of my favorite holidays.


The snow came and we embraced it. Canon would get excited every time it snowed. Eric built up a mound of snow and got Canon on skis and he surprisingly did really well. Kids rode the bumble bee a lot! Eric got to instruct at both girls' ski school. Reese was so wimpy the first week and then took off after that. On race day Reese took off down the hill with no fear and would have surely taken home the gold if she hadn't tried to wave at me....crash! Waklee cautiously skied down the hill with perfection. Fun to see their personalities come out in their skiing. Eric took me and the older girls skiing and it was the first time I had gone in 11 years. Alot of fun. Then over Spring break I took the girls by myself.
I coached Waklee's basketball team and we went undefeated. All 6 of us rode into Cave Falls on snowmachines. Babies did great and Canon spotted an alligator in the river; there was an island of snow that really did look like an alligator. We all look forward to seeing what Cave Falls looks like in the Summer too. Reese had a campfire with cousins for her 6th birthday and we all got sunburns.


Scout finally started walking at 16 months and is now into everything. She adores her Daddy and loves to visit him at work. She also has a sweet tooth and may fall to the ground kicking and crying if you tell her, "no more pop." Ha ha. Reese got first place at field day in the softball throw and Waklee made it to the school spelling bee but got out on the word "guarentee". Wakes has been playing softball and gets to put up with me again. Waklee also really challenged herself with her recital pieces this Spring. So proud of her. Wakes did her first report on Italy and now we are ready to go on holiday. We made a trip to the Dunes and I am more chicken than I was two years ago. Helped brand cows at the Kunz's and I took the kids to the Breckenridges for the day. They got to fall off a horse and see a cow have a baby; great day. Canon didn't swallow any screws this year but he did put a screw in the phone jack shorting out our phones for a month. Sorry if I didn't answer. Instead of swallowing a screw he slipped and fell in the shower and popped open his chin. We skipped stitches because Grandpa Neil said that a scar is going to be the least of our worries with this one and well three weeks later Reese shut Canon's head in the van door and left a little bald spot....ouch! We have already taken a four-wheeler ride into Packsaddle Lake and both girls rode the swing. Good thing they didn't fall off because I don't know who would have pulled them out of that icy lake. Before our ride up to Packsaddle I told Eric I wanted to try and ride the 450 and he try it right now. I mentioned that I wanted to try it at home in the field but somehow I ended up trying it then and well lets just say that is the dumbest thing I have ever done! I ended up on the ground with the bike fling across the asphalt and a lot of bruises on my legs. We are excited for the school year to come to an end so we can be "Makin' Memories"!
1 comment:
Penny~
I saw your blog on Angelica's blog and thought I'd take a look, hope that's ok. Your pictures are so cute and adorable!!! Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Maybe we will take another ride to packsaddle like we usually do, which sounds fun. Good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment