This is so blogworthy that I had to post. So those you who know my Mom will love this story. My mom sent me an email of my Dad and nephew who shot his first elk. The picture brought a tear to my eye; I was thinking how cute it was that my Dad had taken Logan hunting for a week straight and how happy they looked....doesn't it bring a tear to the eye. SO I email back and say, "brought a tear to the eye". My Mom later calls me and says, "You really do love me? I didn't mean to send you a picture of the headstone I meant to send you a picture of Dad and Logan." I am thinking headstone? I was like, you did send me a picture of Dad and Logan and whose headstone are you talking about Grandpa Jack? My Mom then says, "No, it is mine and your Dad's headstone." So Jan Jan. She already has her headstone picked out, paid for, and her burial site. I at this point have a grin on my face and said so do you put flowers on the headstone? She says well yah, well no not my headstone but on the other families. I was like why do you have a headstone? Jan Jan, "so you know where to bury me." Eric jumps in at this point and asks my Mom if there are already dates on the headstone? Followed by how much is it going to cost to engrave those dates? In her Jan Janness she lets us know it's already paid for. Funny, too funny. I told my Mom to send me the picture of the headstone so I could blog about it but then I thought that really might bring a tear to my eye, so I found some other persons's pix of their headstone.
1 year ago
6 comments:
i love your mom! she is too sweet :)
ha! where's the pic of the elk?
I was cracking up!
That's funny!
That is great!! Shes not old enough to have her own already picked out!!! Maybe she can enjoy it since she spent so much on it right!!
Who are you going to tease when I am really gone??? Noone can ever say I don't plan ahead. Now the real reason is---I don't want anyone else to be buried next to my Dad---hence the headstone---I made reservations!! Ha!!
Who are you going to tease when I am really gone??? Noone can say that I didn't plan ahead!! Now for the real story---I didn't want anyone to be buried next to my Dad so hence the headstone---I made reservations!!! Ha!
Post a Comment