Tuesday, October 27, 2009

For Future Laughs.

I have been meaning to get these cute little items written down for future laughs.

We think our little ones aren't listening but they are. When Reese prays she often prays for the same things the rest of us pray for. Of late Reese prays that Mom can rent her apartments and then randomly asked that Waklee shoes won't stink. Just tonight Reese told me she loved me and then continued to say she loved TanTan, Daddy and then stopped. I asked her if she loved Waklee and she said, "No, she stinks." And then laughed really hard. Poor Waklee doesn't really stink, yet, but Daddy loves to tease and has nicknamed her Stinklee.

Waklee thinks she is getting pretty funny too. She jumps right on her Dad's bandwagon and teases me. Just the other day we were driving home from school and she asked me, "what are you doing under there?" I took a big old bite into that one and said, "underwear?" She laughs and says, "You said underwear!" It still makes me giggle. She is so sweet though. We were at the park and the kids were running around and this much older kid like 12 runs up and asks the girls if they want to play tag. Sure Wakes says and tells him he is it and takes off running. Poor little Reesie is running away and the big boy tags her and tells her she is it. Waklee nicely tells the boy that she is little and not very fast so maybe they should just jog. I loved that she was looking out for her little sissy.

CanCan is just too sweet. He lets Reese bug him for a few minutes and then lets out his wail to get her off. Reese really is pretty nice to him sometimes just a bit too helpful. CanCan is doing all the things that 8 month babies do. I have been so busy and haven't blogged about his achievements but come on he is number 3, all these achievements are just expected of the poor kid now. But somewhere in the last three months he sat up, crawled, grew 5 teeth, stands up to things and just recently found out we are eating the good stuff not the nasty stuff that comes in bottles. Yesterday I said to Eric, "look who likes broccoli." Eric quickly replied, "that kid will eat anything, put a terd in his mouth he would eat it." CanCan and I didn't think it was funny that Daddy said he would eat terds.

I have just been crazy busy. With being a Mom, a working Mom, and having two quite busy church callings that equates to crazy busy. We had Jodi and her family come for a visit over this past weekend and as always we had a blast. Stayed up late watching scary movies for Bradyn and then the next day we in the last minutes of things decided to drive with the Bartschi's to Spokane. What a beautiful drive but on the way home, the same day 2am I guess it wasn't the same day, I think we were second guessing that long drive. But I will say that Bryan's bread made up for any discomfort. But in preparation of getting ready I freaked out at Eric and I have this quality,some may or may not covet, I get really mad and then I am done and over it.....no stewing. So I get really mad at Eric for not helping me enough and my usual peep wasn't around for me to vent to so I call my Mom. My Mom hasn't ever heard me vent like this and I am VENTING and she is giggling at me. I have to pause in my VENTING and tell her it isn't funny. Then in my mother's way she says something like oh now Jodi and Bryan are going to come and you and Eric are going to be fighting. Rememeber I get over it really quickly and I pause and think to myself why are we still going to be fighting in an hour I will be over this by the time I hang up the phone. The phone call got interrupted by my job and so then I had to call me Mom back to apologize for VENTING because I was over it by then and Jodi and Bryan never knew anything, Mom. But on Sunday Eric and I got a good laugh when his Mom called and asked what we had been up to and Eric told her we had a busy weekend getting ready for the Bartschi's to come and his mom said, "Busy for who?" Thank you Lana.

5 comments:

granny janny said...

VENTING----that was a full blown explosion!!!! I feared for my life and I was 2 states away!!! :) Poor Eric!! Now, Eric, I must tell you, she did not learn that from me because if I EVER got that mad, I would still be stewing 6 months later----so pick your poison. I'm sure the venting is much better for everyone involved but if I were you, I would always have a grocery list handy!!! :):);)

granny janny said...

VENTING---that was a full blown explosion!!! I was 2 states away and feared for my life!!! Poor Eric!! She did not learn that from me. On the other hand Eric, if I ever got that mad it would take alot of stewing and at least 6 months to get over it, so pick your poison. I think the VENTING might be better but if I were you, I would keep a grocery list handy!!:):);)

Jessie said...

Funny stuff Penny, especially Reese's prayers HAHAHA.

I bet you have been busy, I can only imagine! CanCan is so freaking cute. I feel like I have a 4 month old, Elijah doesnt have any teeth yet, maybe thats good? Anyway, call me if you wanna vent!

Jeff and Amy said...

Love all the updates. And I can definitely relate to the "Busy for who?" part because we all know the answer to that. But just think, in like 2 months you will stop working and will finally be free!

taggdarci said...

So fun, love the "underwear" joke. Waklee cracks me up. And I can totally relate to the venting, we're a lot alike in that way. Let me vent and then I'm fine and over it. Tagg gets mad at me sometimes cuz I can't remember why I was mad in the first place sometimes. Oh, the joys. :o) Can't wait till you guys move back!!