Thursday, January 06, 2011

2011 Bucket List

Last year I did a 2010 Bucket List and accomplished most things on my list.
I did have the best Summer of my life.
My 2011 Bucket list is going to consist of ..........Just Rolling With It!

For instance next week we are having baby on Tuesday, Waklee has piano that day, starts ski school the next day, and Eric's grand opening is also within days of new baby's arrival. I feel like with little Canon who is almost two and firecracker Reese that my 2011 year is going to be about being flexible and laid back in order to keep everyone happy.....mostly me.
Don't expect too much this year because it is going to be one crazy year.

Instead of my 2011 Bucket List I have been thinking about my little ones and what they bring to my life. I chose two words to describe each of them.

Waklee: Solid & Enjoyable.

My Waklee is so dependable. I find myself watching the clock to see when she will be home because I need her help. And help she does without complaint, mostly. She is very talented and excels and what she does. Waklee is solid with herself (the best quality to have). She's not too worried about what others think and is always just being her. She is most enjoyable to be around because she is helpful and easy. Pretty low maintenance (but definitely has a breaking point). I love spending time with Wakes.


Reese: Random & Admirable.
Reese keeps us guessing. She is high or low and does the most random things. Most often she drives me crazy because there is zero reasoning with this child. But amidst all the craziness with her she is so so fun and keeps all laughing. She is a little daredevil. I think Canon is one lucky little guy because Reese will keep him in trouble! And good luck keeping up with her. I admire that she is so feisty, spunky, strong-willed. She will get wherever she wants to in life.

Canon: Sweetness & BOY.


Everything about Canon is sweet. The way he looks at you, the snuggles he gives, his laugh, his smile, his eyes, the way his feelings get hurt if you tell him No. The way he has sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, Grandmas & Grandpas all wrapped around his finger. Or the broken hearted cry when Dad leaves the house with out him. And mixed just perfectly in with all his sweetness is a BOY. He loves tractors, motor bikes, four-wheelers, snow machines, horses, cows, his cowboy boots and the farm. He walks around the house making sounds of, "brum,brum, or "nnnnnnn,nnnnnnn". He begs to go on anything that makes a loud noise. I think we are in for it with him. He is Simply Sweet.

Will be most fun to see what little sister brings to our home.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Penny, I so enjoyed this post. Ill be thinking about you this week and pray that everything will fall into place. What a crazy year you have ahead of you but I know you are the one to do it!
Lots of Love,
Jessie

Crystal said...

Love this post. So true. We need to slow down and enjoy our kids while they are little.

Lisa said...

Hi Penny!! I love your bucket list. I need to make it mine too. It sounds like our #2 children are exactly alike:) and Scott started oral surgery residency this week:( By the way, I love your babies birthday, not only is it awesome because it will be 1/11/11 but it's my birthday too. Good luck with your new little one :) I know she will be adorable!

Linds said...

Aren't we so blessed? Sometimes I wonder what I did right to deserve these sweet little spirits.

Amy said...

Definitely a good point - I have been trying recently to slow down and enjoy the kiddies, but boy is it hard. Your family is so cute and fun and I can't wait to see pics of the new little one!