We had a few happenings this Memorial Day weekend that I want to always be able to remember. Our most exciting happening is my city kid Waklee FINALLY learned how to ride her bike. She just got on and away she went. We did have a few crashes needing band-aids but that just means it is Summertime.
On Saturday we went to Blue Lake Park which is actually a really fun place. We get there and we are trying to find the perfect spot and our arms are full of all the picnic items and we realize Reese has disappeared. This is not unusual for Reese. She is one of those kids you can turn your head away for a second cause she takes off. So I am calm we will find her and Eric starts looking and isn't finding her and so I start looking and freak out because there is a lake there. This all happened in less than a minute but with everything we have gone through with this kid I tend to worry a lot more. We found her right next to us in this playground but it was so full of kids we just couldn't see her.
So we find our "perfect" spot and are getting settled in and I notice Reese is splashing around in a mud puddle. I think to myself I am going to be a good Mom, one of those Moms I always think someday I will be like, that Mom who lets her kids splash around in the mud puddle. I smile to myself I am a good Mom today and then she slips, falls, face plants into the puddle. I sort of smile and think, "be that good mom, it's only mud on one of my favorite shirts, I can just soak it for days and it will come clean." Reese comes running over and oh my what is that smell it is Reese and that mud puddle is the smelliest thing I have ever smelt. I start gagging and don't even want to touch my stinky crying child and so much for ever being that good mom again. I walk her around the park trying to find a spigot that works and I can't find one and so we come up with a game plan. Eric took Reese to the splash park and let her play and I ran to Wal-Mart to buy new clothes for our sweet Reese. Oh I just shake me head at her. Blue Lake was a lot of fun and we warned many to stay away from the mud puddle.
On Monday I was busy making a relish tray and had many helpers. I took the relish tray and turned around and set it away from my helpers and turn back and Reese has in these two seconds taken the kitchen disenfectant and sprayed herself in the eye. Nice. All in all it was a fun, relaxing weekend. We did take a moment to feel sorry and pout for we once again have we missed out on the fun Kunz Family Memorial Day tradition. We can't wait to come!
1 year ago
7 comments:
That is so so sick! I am gagging-dang-her and Topher both need leashes or cages constantly! It's always something with them!
What a crazy weekend! Congrats to Waklee on learning how to ride a bike that is pretty impressive!
That is pretty funny. I am sure Reese had a blast while it lasted.
Oh, Penny, you always make me laugh---I always thought I was going to be the perfect Mom. I finally gave up and bought the book "I didn't plan to be a witch" Ha!!! (Let me know if you want to borrow it) I forgot what it was about but I still see the title on my shelf occasionally. Love Mom
Thats so funny, she sounds like a busy, sweet little thing.
Thanks for the great time at the park. We loved seeing you guys again. We need to get the girls together again.
You are a great mom...to avoid mishaps I just keep my kids locked up inside!! You can avoid all mud puddles that way! Okay I let them out sometimes!
Post a Comment