
Mothers Day what a nice day we had. Waklee got my Mom to buy a singing card about two months ago and she takes after me in the fact that she can keep a secret....Eric can't. She did tease me for a few weeks that she got me a mothers day gift and okay she did tell me she got a card, come on she is 6, but she didn't tell me it sang and I think that is secret keeping for a 6 year old. So this morning bright and early she is asking me if I want my card. She had drawn on the front of it cute little flowers and wrote: From Waklee and Reese. The card was a little Care Bear singing about how great Moms are and yes it brought a tear to the eye. Eric was sweet and made me breakfast and pretty much let me buy whatever I wanted this week, not that he really has a say anyhow.
Okay so a funny story that I have to remember in 20 years. First of all Eric is a really nice husband, I mean really nice. He makes me laugh alot, but sometimes the the tears come first and then by the end of the day I can laugh at it. So here it goes. At the end of church Eric says I have a present for you when we get home and I think, "oh what a nice guy I told him not to buy me anything because I am really picky and had already bought myself a few things, but oh how sweet." Okay so I am excited right. So we get home and I am wondering what he got me and he says Reese go and get it Mommy's arms and I immediatley know what my present is and I am TICKED!!!! Just so you know I am laughing so hard right now I am crying about this now but not then. See my present from Eric was that Reese was stinky and I was suppose to have the priviledge of changing her. NOT FUNNY. You know how the husband always tries to get a rise out of the wife....well my philosophy is I will give you a rise and I go off. I become a little spit fire and let him have it. It usually consists of two episodes. The first 5 minute firework show and then I walk around and slam cupboards for another 5 minutes and then I play the okay I am not going to be mad anymore so I will let you have it one more time and so I do and then I am done. I am no longer mad I am back to being fine and that night I laugh really hard at how funny my husband is because he is really funny. He thinks is am a really big dork right now because I tattled on him but I think he is just emabarrassed.
I haven't been blogging much lately. We have been a little busy I guess. We have been frequenting the doctors office. We are normally a pretty healthy family but seriously that last four weeks we have been to the doctors office atleast three times a week. Last week consisted of a double ear infection for Waklee on Monday, a blood draw for me on Tuesday, and back on Thursday to check the ear infections and a diagnosis of bronchitis for Reese. Reese immune system is pretty poor right now and she doesn't really seem very sick but she can go from okay to poor very quickly so I am usually a very lax non-paranoia mom but not anymore atleast for awhile with her. I had these big plans to go camping at my favorite spot for Memorial Day and was like uh okay I really shouldn't be taking my weakened immune system daughter out into the cold overnight and so we will stay home some more. Good thing I am a home body. Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day!
7 comments:
you do have a funny husband --- i think it's a kunz thing, my uncle's crack me up! we had an Egbert family party at Gram-Merlene's yesterday, Mitzi and Scott came from Wisconsin for the weekend, lots of fun!! I'm doing ok-I'll write about the whole deal later. Hope that Reese sweetie stays healthy -- my baby Hyrum had such a yucky start, it felt like we had to keep him awayfrom everyone and everything for the 1st 2 years. I would take him to the dr. so much quicker than the other 2, I just didn't want him back in the hospital on the venaliator again you know. I better let you go :) love, Annie
That is so funny! I could totally see Eric doing that.
I hope everyone gets healthy soon. Summer is on the way :)
Penny- LOVE that pic of you and your pride and joys. You all look beautiful!
Penny you crack me up.
Penny,
Hey! it's been a long time since seeing you. I discovered your blog awhile ago and am now finally posting something. You look so good and your girls are adorable! I hope everyone stays healthy and that you'll get to your favorite camping spot soon.
Jaime (Zweifel) Mickelsen
I would have been ticked too! Your family is adorable-I love the picture of you 3-too cute! It was good to see Reese at church, I've missed her! I am going to miss your sweet family when we're gone!
I've been inspired to write about my mother's day...
Post a Comment