My kids have been cracking me up. Tonight for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on sharing. This was geared for a two year old. We talked about how Jesus wants us to share and then I pulled out some Starbursts. I gave one to Reese to give to her Daddy and then one to Waklee, went well. Then I told her they were all gone and she needed to ask Waklee to share her Starburst. This all went as I hoped. Next I gave a Starburst to Reese and told her there were no more for Waklee and asked her to share. I opened it for her and gave it to her to bite in half and as quick as she could she popped the entire Starburst into her mouth and shut her mouth tight! Oh well. We did try to let her think that Waklee was sad but we were all trying not to laugh.
Later tonight we were watching a music video and this car almost hit a person. Waklee turns to her Dad and asks if you get points for hitting people and animals? I thought to myself what? That is such an Eric thing: to say you get points for hitting people and animals. Next out of her mouth she says well Devin said you get points if you hit people. Oh Devin we caught you! We were sure to give him a quick call to tease. My girls love love Dev. Waklee spent Sunday afternoon at the Simpsons playing guitar hero and shared some family secrets with them. Nice. So I guess the moral of this story is to watch out for Dev and his red pickup truck in case he short on a few points.
1 year ago
6 comments:
I AM SO SORRY MY HUSBAND IS A BAD INFLUENCE! But we love spending time with Wakes and not just because she tells family secrets...WINK, WINK
Ya watch out for that Devin...he is dangerous!
Don't you love it when kids start telling family secrets?
Thanks for the tip, I will be sure to steer clear of Devin. Haha that is so funny. Reese's stories crack me up, you have some funny girls.
I guess Reese gets it from her daddy!! :) Your girls are so beautiful. I miss you guys!!! Love your blog!
Dev! I could've told you to watch out for him a long time ago!
Post a Comment