Monday, November 03, 2008

Election 2008

My first grader, Waklee, was learning about elections and voting in class. I got a chuckle when she informed me that her class held a vote. The results were: Obama 16, McCain 6, Nader 0. It was entertaining to hear a 6 year old speak the name Nader. I was proud of my little voter for raising her hand with the meager 6, but I think her teacher persuaded the kids a bit when she said they would have a party if Obama wins.......not too sure if I approve of what the teacher is putting into my kids head either????? Waklee also said that out in the playground the older kids were chanting Obama sucks and McCain rules. I really have enjoyed this election but am also really looking forward to it being over and done with! Oh and did I mention that the only good thing about Oregon politically is that we get our ballots mailed to us, it is so sweet!

5 comments:

The Wach Family said...

Makayla had a vote in her school today. The overall win was McCain!! That's what we get for living in a red state and that's what you get for living in a blue one! :)

Crystal said...

I dido everything you said. I told you the other night maybe I am a little Utah mormon girl but the mud slinging here is horrible. I have not been impressed. I decided today I am honking at every Mccain sign I see. Here is to being peculiar again!!!!

Crystal said...

Waklee,
I know you will read this eventually. Happy Birthday!
Love,
Devin and Crystal
P.s. How old are you now?

Lisa said...

Your girls are so adorable!! Reese's dark eyes are amazing. Thanks for talking me into a blog. You and Donna told me I should start one so I thought I would give it a try:)

Robison Family said...

Oh my gosh!!! CONGRATS on expecting a new baby!! I am so excited for you! Ok, we just joined the blog world...I know, it took us long enough! And, I am still trying to figure it all out...someday!