Saturday, November 08, 2008

Wakesters turns 7!

Oh my, where does time go. Johnny and Haley just had their new little one and he was born right around Waklee's birthday and so I have really been reflecting on what it as like to bring that first little bundle home, there is nothing quite like it. Now seven years later my sweet girl is not so little and sometimes not so sweet. Actually Waklee is so kind to her sister. It just makes me smile. Wakes is a very responsible kid and I can trust her and her actions, unlike the other one. She is quite the little smarty pants, Daddy teases her that she is "booksmart" and Waklee takes great pride in being "book smart".....wait until she knows what it really means. She is becoming so grown up and in the last year has asked (almost) all those scary questions. The most recent, this past week, was how is that baby going to get out of there? I really enjoy having Waklee in our home. She strives to do what is right and is always a top acheiver. For her birthday we stayed low key and hung out as a family, which is how I love it! A few weeks ago she and I went to Highschool Musical on Ice with her seconds cousins and then last night we went swimming at Mt. Scott so I think she could say she had a fun birthday. I was the fun Mom who bought the Highschool Musical c.d. and other "cool" stuff and Eric thought it would be funny to buy the pajamas with with feet that little kids wear and guess which was her favorite present?? Daddy-O! It was funny because she was wearing them and kept saying my feet are so hot. Happy Birthday Waklee we love you!

3 comments:

Haley and Jon said...

If your feet get too hot, ask your dad to take his switch-blade to the bottoms and then you'll have a nice set of zip up, capri pajamas, like your dads.

Teri said...

Your girls are so cute, I think I forgot you were expecting..that is also exciting. Hope all is going well. Happy thanksgiving.

The Marlatt's said...

Hey Kunz's! I found your blog off of Lisa Marshalls. Waklee is a beautiful girl. It's scary how fast time goes by. Bryanna LOVES High School Musical too! Congrats on baby #3, that's exciting!! take care and Happy Birthday to Waklee!