Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tacky The Penguin

First semester of school Waklee was in drama club. The final play was Tacky The Penguin and Wakes got the lead part of Tacky. She had her part memorized in a day and by the time the play came around she knew the entire script, she cracks me up. The night before the big play Waklee says to me, "Mom don't laugh at me when you see my costume all the other kids did" and burst into tears. I was trying so hard not to laugh. You see Tacky the Penguin is just that "tacky" and he looks a lot different than all the other little penguins. I explained to Wakes that if people weren't laughing then she wasn't playing her part good enough. The big day Waklee remembered her parts and at one point the narrator was trying to correct her and Wakes looks at her and says, "No" and tells the narrator what to say which is even more funny cause the narrator had the script in front of her. I don't think we are headed to Hollywood but I am sure proud of Waklee doing something I know is out of her comfort zone....it is so out of mine.

4 comments:

Brown, Inc. said...

Hey, Penny! I finally found your blog! Your girls are so cute! I am assuming you are expecting your third. Very exciting. I loved looking at all your cute pics and hearing about your family. Take care. Nikki Brown (Torgerson)

Crystal said...

Oh Wakes your so cute!

nevilleklan said...

Wakes, I am so proud of you! I wish I had guts to do something like that, but I am a chicken!! Way to go and remember that all those kids at school are just kids and some of them are a little crazy! It doesn't matter what they say!! We love you and wish that we could have seen your play. Hey Pen, I love the way you handle things. THanks for the example. Love you guys!
Heidi

Lataun said...

I can't believe how much Wakes looks like a Kunz in that picture with the hat on. Whoa!