Monday, January 26, 2009

Waklee.......what?

Just a few thoughts about this kid. She is one neat kid. Waklee came home from church today and I hadn't been feeling great so I stayed home. The first thing she said to me was I had the scripture today. I immediately thought oh I wish we would have known because I have a lot of rules in my life and one of them is that my kids memorize their scriptures, talks, parts, whatever it is for school, church, etc. So as I am thinking great my kid had to read their scripture but then she tells me that she memorized it. I was like what? Her teacher told her she had the scripture and granted it was only like 6 or 7 words but she quickly memorized it. Yes I am proud. Waklee is also so kind to Reese. She basically lets Reese rule the roost around here and will play with her, read to her, snuggle her. There is really nothing cuter than walking in and finding Reese sitting on Waklee's lap. Yes I am proud. On to her smarts. When Wakes was really little, like two, we really pushed her to memorize things. I think because of that this kid can remember anything. Just last night we were playing a game with destinations of Mt. Rushmore and Old Faithful. Wakes says to me Mom on the map these would be placed here and here right? I sort of looked at her like Yes and how do you know that? But since Kindergarten she has been learning the United States and their capitals for fun, yah for fun and somehow figured out where Old Faithful is. Yes I am proud but still a little suprised she knows that. Oh but lately her whittiness is starting to show through and she is getting funny, funny like Daddy........oh no.

3 comments:

The Fullmers Four said...

She is such a cute girl. Seriously, I think your kids are super cute.

Crystal said...

I love sitting by Waklee in church. It's so hard to be revrent when I hear her thoughts. Like Whitney Gneighting gave a great talk yesterday about the family. One point she brought up was supporting our husbands. She gave a few of her own ideas of what she does like bakes, and gives him a massage on test days. Waklee leans over to Eric and say's "Mom's not like that huh?" Cracks me up!!!!

The Wach Family said...

Two Erics around??? AHHHHHH! She is so sweet. Even as a very little girl, I was so impressed with how kind and considerate of others she was. What a doll!