Monday, January 12, 2009

Books, Books, and More Books.

One of the highlights of 2008 for me was reading some marvelous books. I was introduced to Goodreads, I am part of a Book Club, and I have my wonderful Book Clubber By Phone (who needs to quit outreading me). I cannot even put into words what good books I have read this past year. I have been to so many different countries that I had no idea where to find on the map and lived in villages, prisons, castles, I have been a Muslim, a Jew, a Geisha, a determined pioneer and read some seriously good classics and fell in and out of love, I cried over suppression of women and the indifference to children, hid scared Jewish families, became educated, killed birds, flew kites, lived through the Depression, and traveled "The Road"............what a great year. Before 2008 I read books that were fast reads that I thought were good but I didn't realize what I could REALLY be reading. Anyone want to join me on Goodreads, Warning: it's addicting.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I guess I need to sit down with you and have you help me with good reads. Maybe I am not smart but I can't figure it out. I signed up and got an account. I even put some stuff on there, but I can't figure out how to read comments or make comments. Anywho. I guess I can ask you about this later.

Goodman Family said...

I love it...you totally inspired me. Seriously this is what I need in my life. Great post~ Thank you!!!!

Lataun said...

I loved Tacky Penguin! Good Job Wakes!