Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Year Later......we still have a pistol.


I can't help but reflect on where we were a year ago and then here we are today. It was a year ago today that we were in the emergency room hearing terrifying news of our Reesie girl. So many lessons I learned and I can't quite explain how it effected my life. In the past year not many days have gone by without thinking of "what could have happened" and being so thankful to be able to have Reese in our home. Once again I can't really explain but so many nights I have cried myself to sleep thinking of those long weeks. On the flipside Reese drives me "crazy" and having those "what" thoughts make me appreciate all of her "crazy" energy. She is so fun and outgoing and doesn't listen to a word I say, but it is for all of these reasons I love her and admire her. We have been so fortunate this past year with Reese only having a few sniffles here and there and no major sicknesses. We have been truly blessed.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

AAAHHHH. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. How often we forget! Love you

taggdarci said...

I can't believe it's been a year! We love you Reese!!

MotherBeck said...

I am so glad she has been healthy. I remember that too, how scared you must have been.

Goodman Family said...

There go the tears again! So glad your baby girls is healthy today!

Jessie said...

i cant believe that was A YEAR AGO!! wow, I am so glad that you made it through that hard time.

The Wach Family said...

Tender Mercies!! Isn't life amazing. The bitter moments truly do make every other moment sweet!!