The first Summer I met Eric we had a fall in love, fun-filled Summer that I will always remember as "Oh, That Summer". Our return to Idaho has created a Summer that I will always remember as another one of those "Oh, That Summer."
We started out with the Fourth Of July!
Our Fourth was spent in the Teton Valley where the day started very early with the balloon festival, the small town 4th of July parade, a breathtaking view of the Tetons, a hike to some hidden waterfalls, a four-wheeler ride and we ended the day with sparklers and fireworks. I will never forget going to Packsaddle Lake and my girls braving the rope swing. Daring Reese got right on and grinned the whole ride but sweet Waklee had to get the fearful tears out before she got on. She did it though! I even braved the swing. Cute Kimbri was "makin' memories" as she swung over the lake to end up in the cold mountain lake below. We love you Kimbri!
Spending the Summer with my parents has been a treat for my kiddos. They get to ride the four-wheelers, swim in the pool, ride their bikes and the unnamed horse whenever their hearts desire. Canon wakes up in the morning making "brumbrum" sounds and cries everytime someone goes outside without him. Reese learned how to ride a bike without training wheels and there are quite the paths from the four-wheelers out here in Hamer.

We spent a day at our "new grandma and grandpas" that is what Reese calls Grandma and Grandpa Kunz's. I think because they are away on their mission and we don't get to see them. Grandma has a beautiful yard that was missing her Grandbabies and so we spent the day doing some yard love. I will never forget the giggle Canon made when he sunk his little piggies into the dark, cold Idaho dirt.
We spent a day at our "new grandma and grandpas" that is what Reese calls Grandma and Grandpa Kunz's. I think because they are away on their mission and we don't get to see them. Grandma has a beautiful yard that was missing her Grandbabies and so we spent the day doing some yard love. I will never forget the giggle Canon made when he sunk his little piggies into the dark, cold Idaho dirt.
Our next adventure was our last minute trip to Lake Powell (my Disneyland.)
When do we get to go back?

Our Summer continued with Waklee taking swimming lessons at Lava Hot Springs. She spent the week in Bancroft where she caught a fish with Roy, ate snow cones, stomped the grounds of the small town, walked the tight rope and rode bikes endlessly. I went down for the day and had a wonderful time as always.

We had to say good-bye to my younger brother, Tagg or a.k.a. "Hightower", as he is gone for the next few months in the police academy. We have been keeping his girls busy making bows, ties, and a trip to the zoo. Canon already loves to tease cute Londyn.
Pioneer Day!
One of the things I missed very most about Idaho when living in Portland was Pioneer Day. It's the Fourth of July all over again! We enjoyed the fabulous St.Anthony Pioneer Day Parade where my kids got a load of candy. We even got to see an old friend from college, our cute Angie Paangie visiting from Kentucky. What a treat that was. I shed a few tears for Neil and Lana as I know how hard it is to be away from loved ones on special days like that.
The Blue Angels Air Show was also on Pioneer Day. We got spoiled and had awesome seats and Eric was in "man heaven."
We ended our July with a special day for our Waklee. She was baptized on July 31st. We are so happy and proud of you our beautiful Waklee!

Whoa, I can't believe we fit all that fun into July. Glad there is still August to enjoy. We have an address just not a moving date, can't wait to share.
6 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
What a great post with so many fun memories from a busy month! We sure loved seeing you on our trip up there and are excited that you're back "home"!
I didn't know we shared the same story. John and I met in the summer and fell in love too!
Seriously I couldn't keep up with all those fun things you got to do and all in July?!! That's so awseeome Penny. What a great way to celebrate and transition into your new life :) Miss you and will call you as soon as you get settled. Waklee looks so beautiful in her Baptism announcement.
I can't believe Waklee is 8! How did that happen? Anyway, looks like you had a super fun July.
Oh my goodness! You guys are having too much fun this summer! I can't believe that Waklee is 8! It looks like you guys are really enjoying Idaho! It really is a fun place to grow up huh?! Yes we are braving the east coast and like it so far! Very different out here but we are up for the adventure! I am glad we have these blog things so we can keep posted on each others lives!
Welcome to Idaho!! I've got to say I do like it here. Who knows, maybe I will turn into more of a country girl afterall. The summer has been way fun for us, but apparently not as fun as you guys have been having! And congrats to beautiful and sweet Waklee!
Wakes look gorgeous! Can't wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment