Our last few weeks have been quite eventful and I am ready for a life of dullness!

Canon is all boy............And so last week he was working on his motorbike aka "crash". I noticed that he was playing with a screw which is not uncommon for my all boy. He can frequently be found working on the tires of "crash" and oiling "crash" with lotion. A bit later Canon comes vrooming in on "crash" and then all of a sudden he is choking. I am on the phone with the school secretary and as she is talking to me I am performing the Heimlich. Once I can tell that he is no longer choking I instantly new that he had choked on "the screw". I ask Canon where is "the screw"? He in his little two year old boy talk tells me "the screw" is in his mouth. Now I am really calm in an emergency, if you are ever going to have an emergency I am the one you want around. So at first I think dang Canon just swallowed "the screw". I continue to make my bed thinking about "the screw" and then I put on my make-up and starting thinking man this might not be so good that Canon swallowed "the screw". I then decide I should really look around to make sure "the screw" isn't in the couches, in a pocket, or on the floor. I can' find "the screw". I repeatedly ask Canon where "the screw" is and each time he tells me it is in his mouth. I also thought "the screw" had a blunt end but the more I thought about that I wasn't positive about this either. I try calling Daddy at work and he isn't able to answer. I call our Doctor and he is out of the office and they recommend we go to the E.R. We ask Grandpa Neil and he also suggests we get an x-ray to make sure "the screw" made it to Canon's stomach. To the E.R. we go and there is "the screw" safely in his stomach.

At first the E.R. Doc said that we will let the "the screw" come out on it's own but then after seeing that "the screw" wasn't blunt ended but pointed that he wanted to get a 2nd opinion. 2nd opinion said lets retrieve "the screw" and 3rd opinion also thought we should go in after "the screw". Off to Idaho Falls we go to an O.R. to find that "the screw" is UN-RETRIEVABLE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So now we had to go back to the original plan and let "the screw" pass on its own. The next day this proud Mama found "the screw"!

Now for the "2nd Story Window".......The weather has not been that warm up until well just now really. But the day after finding "the screw" I was in my bedroom folding laundry and I had the window open enjoying the fresh air. In walks Reese and she sits in the window sill. I had for the past few weeks been telling the kids to stay out of the window sills! Reese sits down and my back is to her and I hear a small scream as she falls out the "2nd story window". I rush to the window. This all happens in about 3 seconds. As I am rushing over to the window I am thinking she is either going to be on the roof pitch or out on the ground and there she was hanging on out on the roof. Oh my lands! I grab her and she is screaming for her dang bunny; the bunny that I now know she was sitting in that window sill with sucking her thumb and lost her balance, fell into the screen and onto the roof. I was so shocked that all I could do was sit and laugh and hug my girl as tight as I could.
We made it about ten days without incident when Waklee informs me her feet hurt. I shrug her off because I think she is trying to get out of helping do chores. The next evening she complains again that her feet hurt. She comes over and says Mom look. Oh my lands this kid has a toe that is grossly infected and her foot is starting to swell. Long, very long story short. We got her on an antibiotic and then next two days she spent with both feet swelling, "two fat feet" and bruising unknown to the Doctor as to why? She is still on the mend.

7 comments:
That is way too much excitement for one household! Hope everyone is doing okay this week!
Oh my goodness! That is crazy! I couldn't help but laugh at Reese falling out the window, I can't believe this all happened so close together. I guess I have a lot to look forward to when my baby gets older!
p.s. You have the cutest kids ever! I just want to squeeze Scout.
Holy Cow!!! That's quite a bit of excitement. I hope it's over for a while and that everything (the screw) came out all right. HEE HEE
Ummm...I have no words! What a crazy time. Really. I have no words!!!! Glad everyone and everything made it thru okay!!!
Never a dull moment at the Kunz house. :o) So, I think Reese looks like Sicilee in that first pic...which is such a cute pic of your kiddos by the way!!
HOLY MOLY!! That's all I can say. Whew!!
So you never found out what was wrong with Wakes huh? Crazy. Sometimes I feel like Heavenly Father sends these little crazy times to make sure we are listening to him. I know he got my attention!
Post a Comment