Monday, June 16, 2008

So much going on!


First off on Friday we were woo-hooing and boo-hooing over the last day of school! I am so excited to have Waklee out of school. No more getting up early and driving her to school and then just when our day is going we stop to go and pick her up and I am going to save lots of gas pennies too plus we just kinda like her. Waklee had a great year in Kindergarten. When people ask her what grade she is in she matter of factly tells them she is in Kindergarten but first grade math and reading. Waklee loves to learn. Her teacher, Ms. Arnold, was great and had a great sense of humor. She would give the kids squirrel food (Skittles) as a treat and taught them how Texans pronounce "said". She told Waklee once and swore her to secrecy that she was her favorite student. Ms. Arnold was also great in that she organized a special early morning class so that Waklee could progress into the first grade math class and still get all of her Kindergarten lessons as well. Wakes can read very well and I am amazed the math skills she was taught. She can add numbers in the 100's and use a decimal point, tells time, she knows how to count by 2's,4's,5's,8's,10's which basically means she can do times tables and can figure out some pretty tricky story problems without realizing she is doing addition,subtraction, or multiplication. We have been so impressed with her school, Arthurs' Academy. Now for the sad is that the last day of Kindergarten means that 1st grade is one day closer and I will be so sad for Waklee to be gone ALL day. We love having Waklee around and I think I will cry more on the first day of 1st Grade than I did Kindergarten. We love you Wakes!




This past week Waklee had her second cousings Taylee & Addi come and stay. What cute girls! These girls are girly girls which was fun to have around here to teach my girls how to play Barbie and dress-up. My poor girls get blocks, tractors, tool sets for Christmas instead of all the fun girly stuff.....I need to do better. We played very hard and hit many local parks. Poor girls were exhausted by the end of their stay. It was great fun and we can't wait to play again.


Fathers Day! We had a fun and busy Fathers Day! I so appreciate the Dad we have around here. We recently had a ward activity where we took personality profiles. Eric's colors were yellow and white, which is so Eric. When the speaker described the yellow and white colors she commented that these parents are fun and take time to spend with their kids or family. That is SO Eric. After the activity we were walking out to the car and I said Waklee I am a fun Mom aren't I! I wasn't asking I was telling her ( I am a red personality) She says, "uh yah." Eric asked her who was more fun and remember how I was bragging about how smart she is, well she tells us that we are both fun the same amount. I get the kids buckled in and shut the door and in the time it took me to open my door and hop in she utters to Eric, "You are more fun, Dad." We got a good laugh out of that. Back to our Dad, I am never the wife who complains that thier husband doesn't spend time with her or is never home. Sometimes I think that if he spent more time studying he could have better grades but just theses past few weeks I thought to myself you know you are doing fine in school, fulfilling your church calling, and spending time with your family....how can I complain about that? I love how "fun" Eric makes our home and he keeps me laughing ( I am such an old soul and needed a really funny guy). His girls adore him and he teaches me so much about kindness and how to treat other people. Eric genuinely cares and loves other people and they don't have to be the "popular" people. We love you EICH!

5 comments:

Gel said...

Penny and Eric,
You guys are the best ever. That picture of the girls is so cute. thank you so much for taking our girls. they had so much fun they couldn't stop talking about all the fun things they did with you.
We love you guys

Crystal said...

Good post! I love your family.

Goodman Family said...

Penny I know you are a fun mom...

Eric is defiantly a yellow and white. But I am with you, I am a blue/red so I need to learn to be more fun too!

Congrats Waklee for being so smart!
PS...I alway knew it!

cjdustin said...

Way to go Waklee! It's so hard when our kids start growing up isn't it? Have a fun summer. Maybe we can get together....

Lisa C said...

At the personality profile we discovered that Phillip is Red and Blue, and I am Blue and White--it's no wonder we don't have enough fun! I need to work on my "yellowness" so we can have some more fun.

Those headbands you made are cute!