Friday, October 24, 2008

What's this baby doing to me?

I don't consider myself overly organized, it's hard to be overly organized in a two bedroom apartment with four going on five people, but I usually have things planned out and can find most things in our home. That is until recently.........it started at about the four month mark when lets see if I can remember???? Oh do I ever rememer it started with my birth certificate that I really needed to go on vacation. I pull out my certificate two days before vacation,a Saturday when no ones works, and the certificate it's not what it is suppose to be it won't get me on the ship. I was freaking out and felt so bad about the money we had spent and wouldn't be able to enjoy. Two days later without any sleep from stressing my sweet husband, who never said an ill word to me about my huge mistake, drove to Boise during the night and showed up at 8 am at the state house and begged for a birth certificate to catch a plane an hour later to meet me in L.A......let's just say this was a very expensive mistake. Next mistake is my Timeout For Women tickets. I deliver all tickets to the girls and save my own and Gels in a safe spot for the next evening. Evening comes and I cannot remember where I put the tickets. Fortunately I had read that if you lose your tickets ( I thought to myself while reading what loser if going to lose their tickets) you can go to willcall and get new tickets. This is true but I did stress over it for two hours. I wouldn't stress if it only effected me but it didn't it effected Gel too. Oh and Eric found the tickets under the laundry basket sounds like a safe place right? Next brain freeze was just last night I lose my very expensive cell phone that I have only had for like three weeks and made three calls on. Yeppers I lose my cell phone. I apologetically come home to tell Eric to be nice to me because I am ready to cry and tell him I lost my new pretty phone. Yes he did make fun of me but alteast he didn't get mad. I was later that night reading on a blog of a past friends daughter who is sick with cancer and decided me cell phone isn't such a big deal anyhow.......oh and guess what the Rose Garden lost and found had it. What am I to learn from all this? I first of all am hoping it is the baby using up all my brain energy and this doesn't become a lifetime pattern, 2ndly I have learned that my husband is oh so kind, he doesn't say anything okay maybe after he makes fun of me but I can laugh then too. I haven't talked to my brother once that he hasn't made a birth certificate joke. Seriously Eric could have yelled at me I think I would have but he didn't instead he drove to Boise for me. 3rd and most importantly there are so many more important things out there than lost vacations, tickets, and cell phones. By the way has anyone seen my ?????

P.S. this is us in Ensanada at the restaurant with the dirty water that I washed my hands in the bathrooms with. Hence the bottled water and sodas. This was pre-Magnum P.I. too, I am not a fan of the facial hair.

1 comment:

jrushing said...

I am so glad that someone can join in my forgetful misery...not that I am glad about your experiences! Just know you are not alone. Right now I am searching the house for registration tags!! Everyday I lose something!