Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pinewood Derby Time


How did I ever end up with Eric I will never know. For any who knows me they know that my brothers are in training for March Madness. They wake up at ridiculous hours and drive great distances to find a little pick-up ball. They dream about the month of March all year long. But my husband I am not even sure if he knows what March Madness means? But he sure does get busy this time of year. We are getting ready to celebrate our 2nd Annual Elders Quorum Pine Wood Derby. He seriously spends more time and money on his car than on my Christmas present. Oh it is hilarious as I sit and do my thing and listen to, "ouch! crap crap crap. Come on are you kidding me!" as he talks to his dremel. Tonight he was custom painting a bowling ball that is going to fit into the back of his ?????? I can't tell you what his car is quite yet we need pictures. The funny thing is the wet bowling ball fell off into the garbage full of sawdust, I think he cussed. Last year he would call me every other hour to add another coat of paint to his car, I swear it had atleast 10 coats of paint. And so we will continue to customize our cars, yah I am making a car this year too. Fun Fun. Check back for pictures.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

That cracks me up. It makes me laugh at what excites our grown boys. I love March Madness as does Devin. There will definatley be Madness at the Simpson house. So if you need a little taste of home come on over!

julie! said...

Nick spent 3 HOURS last night vampin up his car. He is determined to bring home the prize. He refuses to help me with my car since I am now considered "competition" and he can't fraternize with the enemy.
woah. I think Friday night is going to be intense...

Lataun said...

Hey Eric...I love that big zit on your face...could you make this pic a little bigger?

jk

cjdustin said...

Too funny! Sounds like he's having a good time. Hopefully he won't hurt himself with the dremel while he's creating.

A. Simpson said...

That hub of yours, too funny!