
Waklee has a blanket named scratchy. Scratchy has always been apart of Waklee's life. I wish I had a picture of scratchy but since I don't I will describe Scratchy. He is made of polar fleece and his border has the strips cut then knots made. He has little balls all over him from being so old, which makes his scratchy and he stinks! But Waklee love him. Over the past year scratchy has been taking a backseat in Waklee's life, but not this morning. Last night we got home late and so Waklee didn't get her needed 15 hours of sleep. This morning she wanted to take scratchy in the car on the way to school. No problem. Usually when we get to school noone else is dropping off but this morning there was a girl from her morning math class, which is a big deal because this girl is a big 1st grader. Out hops sleepy Waklee and she starts walking to the schoolhouse when she quickly turns and her eyes are about to pop out their sockets. Instead of grabbing her backpack she grabbed scratchy. As fast as she can walk she comes back to the car to exchange scratchy for the backpack. She had a cute little grin on her face and I said, "Wakes are you embarrassed, which she emphatically replied, "Yes!". I couldn't quit giggling on my way home.
3 comments:
that is such a funny cute story! it made me giggle too!
Scratchy!!
Sophia is getting a little too attached to her "silky!"
I wonder if she will be bringing it to school with her! lol
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i miss you guys so much.
hey it's cool that you aren't able to stay with us we will have fun with Grandma.
Post a Comment