Monday, March 03, 2008

Zoom Zoom Zoom!




We had our Elders Quorum Pinewood Derby and I had a great time! I hope everyone else did too. It was so fun to see the creativity that was put into the cars and I one couldn't help but laugh when the cars would take their first trip down the track and their wheels would fall off and roll away leaving the owner searching for the wheel. My Saucee car didn't do too bad either.





The sad thing about our cars is this: Brock hadn't made a car and had called Eric repeatedly during the week to see if Eric was going to make him one. So an hour before leaving I said, maybe a little maliciously, "let's just take that pinewood derby kit and put the wheels on and have Waklee write Brock's Car on it." We did and thought we were pretty funny. Eric added to it: "My daddy wouldn't help me with my car, but my neice did." That piece of wood beat my Saucee car. That's what I get for being a brat. Eric's H2 Hummer took first and beat smart boy Nick Riley's car. And I am gloating with pride that I beat that country boy Simpson's car. So here's to next year.....Good Luck To All!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Well coming from the country boy's wife I would have to say that people who needed to be humbled where that's for sure. I am not just talking about the country boy!! Congrats Eric your Hummer was awesome!

A. Simpson said...

Way to go Penny!
Oh how I miss you guys!!!!
P.s. Who's Brock?

Alyssa said...

Thats so cool sounds like fun!