
Thanks to all those who keep telling me about blurb because that is what I am going to do with my blog. And since that is the case I want to post alot more of the day to day stuff. A few fun stories around the Kunz house. A few weeks ago I was quite sick and non-functioning. On one of these non-functioning days I had put my contacts on a plate (I wear hard contacts so they can sit on a plate without solution) because Reese has lost all my cases, imagine that. So there sat my contacts on a plate in my locked office so Reese couldn't get them. One evening a resident needed me and I went into my office and thought I should lock that door so Reese doesn't come in here looking for me and do you think I listened to that still small voice.......NO. I went outside came back in within 3 minutes. The first thing I did was look at that plate for some odd reason and hollered for Eric. "Reese ate my contacts." Inside of that cute little mouth were some very expensive pieces of plastic in tiny little pieces. I was so "whatever" that all I could was chuckle to myself and thought, "oh why didn't I listen". Consequently I have been wearing my glasses for the last few weeks. The next event amongst my sickness was I had recieved this email about a Mom withouth arms. She has an infant and she was able to take care of this baby wash, dress, feed, carry around, all with her feet. I was amazed and so I showed it to Waklee. She watched it and immediately says, "Wow, Mom maybe Dad should cut off your arms." At first I gasped and then had to laugh once again that my 6 year old thought maybe I could get more accomplished in a day if I didn't have any arms. And a big Yeah for Waklee she was asked to join the 1 grade class for reading group. She is working really hard on her reading and math and we are very proud of her. Last night for Family Home Evening we talked about our new Prophet Thomas S. Monson and learned a little about his life. We also talked about President Hinckley and what a great man he is. Waklee interupted Eric and said, "Dad I bet Heavenly Father is saying to President Hinckley up there: You did a good job down there." Oh how sweet. It is in these moments that your heart doubles in size and you think this is what it is all about.
7 comments:
Such sweet and funny stories! You have some pretty dang cute kids!
Good to hear you all doing so well.
Very cute stories! We miss you guys!
What sweet girls! They are so funny!
I can't believe that Waklee is 6. She looks so old compared to my little 5 yr olds!
What little cuties. You are a good writer, Pen. I love reading your blog.
By the way, what does blurb mean?
Post a Comment