Monday, February 11, 2008

This Man....

Where do I even begin. This man is my father-in-law, Neil Kunz. He is the most humble man I know. He devotes all of his time and talents to the Lord. He is a dentist but you would never know this by his farm pick-up that he drives to change his pipe in the early dawn before going to a job that he loves. A job that he loves because well he gets to help people. Neil is not defined by wordly wealth. We always tease that he is going to leave all of his money to the church and he probably will. At the press conference of President Thomas S. Monson, the Prophet said that he loves to read in the obituaries of people who donate their inheritance to the perpetual education fund. Eric and I looked at each other and smiled and agreed that would be Neil. I think one way to explain how so many people feel about Neil is to say that "I am one of his favorite people", but you see that is how he makes everyone feel. I think if I were to define Neil it would be a man who serves the Lord with conviction, constantly and continually. This past week our Grandpa Neil was called to be a temple sealer. We are so proud of him. We are a humble proud because he wouldn't want it any other way. Eric was able to go and be with his seven siblings and his parents to be present when he was set apart. Eric came home having had a wonderful spiritual experience. Elder Bednar set Neil a part and Elder Nelson was also present. I just want to express my gratitude of having such a wonderful man as my father-in-law and am truly thankful to have a husband that was raised in a home by such a man, he is what we strive to be. And just on a fun note how special it will be for him to seal his many many grandchildren.

6 comments:

annie said...

I know that I'm Uncle Neil's favorite :) ok, everyone really does feel that way don't they! I ran into Uncle Neil & Aunt Lana at the Rexburg Temple Open House, it's just like running into a grandpa for me! What a great man and what a great thing! I love the picture of all those Kunz kids together -- we have such a great family!

A. Simpson said...

What a nice looking family!

Tiffany said...

What a sweet story, he sounds like a great man. How lucky to be part of such a great family!

Gel said...

That is all so true about Uncle Neil. We sure love him. I'm glad everyone got to go home for such a special ocassion. I love the family picture.

Michelle & Rick said...

you have got to love neil!!!

julie! said...

Hey I think I love Neil too.
That Kunz bloodline, its good stock.